||County ClerkAngie Curley (D)
Dent County Courthouse
400 N. Main St.
Salem, MO 65560
Office hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. (Closed major holidays)
Main duties of the County Clerk's office:
- Serve as the County Budget and Financial Officer
- Handle county insurance and accounts payable
- Responsible for employee benefits, payroll and personnel records
- Conduct all elections held in the county
- Responsible for voter registration and campaign finances
- Custodian of records such as contracts with the county and all minutes of the county commission and files relating to the commission
- Bid openings: Receive bids-file copies of bids and notices
- Notary Publics: swear in notaries and certify to State
- Board of Equalization: Schedule appointments for the Board of Equalization.
- Keeper of the minutes and decisions of the board
- Licenses-Issue county liquor and auctioneer licenses
- Certification of value and rates of all political subdivisions
- Certification and apportionment of revenue for railroad and utility companies
- Certification of local real and personal revenues chargeable to the collector
June 30th Liquor license renewals
Auctioneers license renewals
Fees: Notary $3.00, ATV Permits $15.00,
& Plat Books $30.00
New Business's merchants license due on annual bases.
All election needs: www.sos.mo.gov.