Current home of Judicial Building (Block 12)
On this site is where the Salem Police Department stood. Dent County leased the property to the City of Salem for a dollar ($1) a year beginning January 21, 1957. That same night bidding was started for the construction of a new police station. The final bid was $2072. The construction of the police station was done by Guy Eveland. Later on the police station was torn down and then the current Judicial Building was built in 1978 by Architect Heagler, Marshall and Hodge and the contractors were Sides Construction Company.