Current home of VIP Properties (Block 10)
Dent Brothers Hardware was extablished on the "Dent Block" in 1867 by Ferguson Dent. He sold it to Mark Winnett Dent in 1876. Sons Frank and George became owners in 1895. George's sons Pete, Winnett "Doc" and Bill Dent assumed ownership about 1958. Destroyed by fire and rebuilt two times in 1880 and 1925. Dent Brothers Hardware was eventually sold to Walker Plumbing, who then sold it to Pat Tackett, VIP Properties. Tackett purchased the building on October 28, 2008 and is the current occupant. The top photo is of Bill, Winnett "Doc" and Pete Dent.